


I got some good images from the dog show so the next thing to do is to find a style, how am I going to actually illustrate the images? So for the following week I tried out different styles working from the photos I took at the Dog show. But as the time went on I was really struggling with the actual idea of reportage...it became more and more apparent that it just wasnt going to work with my style of drawing/image making. So after about of week of stressing, crying, not sleeping and drawing image after image trying to force myself into a style suitable for reportage, I came to the conclusion that perhaps I shouldnt be attempting reportage!
SO...
I looked over my images, picked out the style I liked the best and continued to make images in that style (image to follow) I then basically changed my project entirely. Instead of making reportage images about dogs, I decided to make a book of illustrations of dogs and quotes about dogs. This may seem simple and almost shallow but there is no doubt that I was over complicating something that is now a lot better for being simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment